Dianne Allan's career history
The journey to PhysioFettle
- After qualifying from Leeds in 1974 I gained experience in obstetrics, gynaecology, chest conditions and neurological rehabilitation in NHS hospitals in Scotland and Yorkshire.
- On moving to Cumbria I worked for two years with disabled children at Irton Hall Spastic Society (now Scope) School.
- Whilst our children were young I undertook occasional locum work in the NHS and acupuncture training.
- At this time acupuncture was not recognised in the NHS so I started working in private practice.
- This expanded to home visits, nursing home work and work at a private hospital in Workington which was mainly sports injuries.
- In 2000 I started a practice in Egremont which subsequently expanded to provide employment for four physiotherapists.
- In 2010 I took a sabbatical year with husband to travel and start my university studies.
- This brings us to the end of 2011, continuing my research studies and running my private practice, PhysioFettle.
Web Design by Sounds Like Design